OneCard Solutions has partnered with PaperCut to provide a complete print management solution. PaperCut provides an embedded solution for your existing Print/Copy devices that requires no additional hardware and offers the following basic features:
With PaperCut you can:
- Automatically route large jobs to detected high volume printers
- Discourage printing of emails via popup print policy warnings
- Convert jobs to grayscale and duplex
- Discourage or disable colour printing by user group
- Least cost routing (suggest more cost-effective devices based on conditions)
- Allow free printing (e.g. during class times)
- Define action by job attribute, user / group, period of day, device feature / type.
- Eliminate waste, encourage responsible behaviour and make users and departments accountable for their print usage.
- PaperCut MF includes embedded software that runs on your copier/ MFD to enable tracking, control and secure print release directly from the device’s panel.
- PaperCut MF is suitable for sites of any size, with a cross-platform and vendor-neutral approach to technology and device support. PaperCut’s solutions are currently in use in over 50,000 sites worldwide and translated into 20 languages, making PaperCut MF a product you can trust with a high return-on-investment.
Solve mobile and BYOD printing
- Managing printing is getting hard! As more and more mobile devices enter the market, people’sdesire to print from these continues to increase.
- PaperCut has a range of simple solutions to allow users to print from whatever BYOD or mobile device at their disposal.
- No matter the operating system, their location, the file format or the brand of printer our solutions can manage it.
- Our latest offering Mobility Print allows users to quickly discover and print to any printer, without requiring any assistance.
- It takes away the complexities when working across different platforms and devices, while still providing the benefits of PaperCut’s standard print charging/accounting/quota process.
Secure Print Release / Find Me Printing
“The payroll statements were sitting on the printer. Where did they go?”
Today’s MFDs are smarter. They have touch screens and the ability to run software directly on the device’s panel. PaperCut leverages this technology to bring new features to each device.
One of the key features is user authentication – only allowing device access to authorised users.
At the simplest level users can authenticate with network username and password via an onscreen keyboard.
In addition, many environments will implement ID card authentication. Card numbers can be extracted from your network’s user directory or a database (e.g. door access control system), alternatively users can self-associate their card on first-use.
PaperCut supports many brands of USB card readers including RFIdeas, Elatec and Omni Key.
Off the shelf standard USB and network card readers are available from leading suppliers.
PaperCut have a global network of hardware experts (Authorized Solutions Centres) should you require technical assistance, advice or onsite support of both software and hardware.
PaperCut’s Find-Me printing feature enables users to print to a global virtual queue. Jobs are paused and only printed when the user releases the job at any compatible MFD/ printer:
Web Based Administration
PaperCut MF provides “out of the box” browser-based administration access from any network location enabling centralised management of every user and device.
Web technologies make cross-platform support easy as there is no need for additional software to be installed and no web server configuration.
A key feature of the administration interface is the dashboard tab – an easy-to-read single page view of the printing environment for administrators.
The Dashboard page utilises many gadgets to present key real time information such as system activity and status updates, along with trend information and statistics from past activity such as number of pages printed and environmental impact measures.
in eliminating waste and changing user behaviour.
Give end users the ability to make payments into their PaperCut account using payment gateways.
Payment gateways allow third party systems as per your currently in place OneCard System to connect to PaperCut in a supported manner.
Common gateways include leading providers like PayPal and Authorize.Net which allow real-time online payments via credit card. PaperCut also supports closed or internal payment systems such as a main college funds account.
OneCard has developed a payment gateway solution which allows the OneCard CAMS balance to be used for charging of print and copy jobs by the PaperCut software. This gateway allows authentication of users via CAMS, verification of print/copy devices, charging and tracking of all jobs as transactions in the CAMS system for later reporting.
OneCard can also provide a contactless card reader that can be attached to the MFD which allows for user authentication via ID card.
If you are considering a new print management software vendor for your organisation why not contact us for a site survey?